Monday, May 5, 2014

What's in a Name?

Pater Pueri? What is that? Well, it means, using Google Translate to go from Latin to English, "father of the boy", or "the boy's father". I believe it also can mean "father of many boys" or "father of boys". "Pater Multi Pueri" would probably have been a better phrase to use, but it seemed like it was getting too long. And I played around with using the number six in the name, such as "Father of six boys", but I didn't think having a website name with 'sex' in it would be appropriate, as the translation would be something like "Pater Pueri Sex". Please note I have not had a single Latin lesson in my life.

I do have to note that my original thought for a name for this blog was "Six Pack Dad", but apparently that was taken. Dang...so many good ways to interpret that name...

So, what's up with this blog site? Well, I was struggling with how my current blog Six Boys and  a Workshop was getting too much of a mixture of topics. It was meant to be a place to post about my woodworking adventures, but I found writing about other topics was fun too! So taking a cue from the many woodworking blogs I read (and my own reactions to reading them), I decided to focus that blog on woodworking, and this one to be a catch-all for all kinds of topics. I may eventually create another blog for electronics type stuff.  And maybe spin off a food blog too. Okay, maybe not. Two blogs should really be enough.

As I mentioned, I noticed my own reaction to the woodworking blogs/vlogs when they talked about something other than woodworking. When topics not related to woodworking would be presented, I would quit reading/watching. So with woodworking becoming my recently self-proclaimed main time-waster hobby, I figured I better do some focusing on the reporting of my woodworking. Those articles will be at Six Boys and a Workshop, while all other topics will be covered here for now.

Till next time, carpe diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment